Radiance Table Runner
Finished Size: 63" x 14"
Warm your home with the rich earthy colors of Tuscany by making this easy strip-pieced table runner. Use two runners for a sleek look or layer the runner with a tablecloth and accent square for more color and texture.
Fabric Requirements and Cutting Instuctions
Read all instructions before beginning and use ¼”-wide seam allowances throughout. Read Cutting Strips and Pieces prior to cutting fabrics.
Bold, strip-pieced stripes make the center of this table runner. The border adds the right finishing touch. There is no batting or quilting on this runner and strip-piecing speeds construction, so it can easily be made in less than a day. If you desire a longer table runner, increase Fabric B, C, D, and E yardage to ¼ yard and make additional strip sets.
Refer to Accurate Seam Allowance. Whenever possible, use the Assembly Line Method. Press seams in direction of arrows.
Making the Table Runner
- Arrange and sew one 3 1/2" x 42" Fabric piece each of Fabrics A, B, C, D & E as shown. Press.
- Cut four 7 1/2"-wide strip-pieced sections from unit in step 1 as shown.
- Referring to photo, arrange and sew units from step 2 into one long piece. Sew one 3 1/2" x 7 1/2" Fabric A piece to end of unit as shown so unit begins and ends with orange stripe. Press. If a longer or shorter table runner is desired, add or remove 3 1/2" x 7 1/2" fabric pieces.
- Sew 4" x 42" Fabric F pieces end-to-end to make one 4"-wide border piece. Measure unit from step three lengthwise and cut two border pieces to this measurement (Our unit measured 63 1/2"-long). Sew unit from step 3 between two 4" x 63 1/2" Fabric F pieces as shown. Press.
- Cut backing fabric in half crosswise. Sew pieces together to make one 18" x 80" (approximate) backing piece. Press.
- Arrange table runner top and backing, right sides together. Using a 1/4" seam allowance. Sew around edges of table runner leaving a 5" opening for turning. Trim backing even with table runner top, clip corners, turn, and press. Hand-stitch opening closed.
Website visitors have permission to print this project for personal use only. This project may not be copied or otherwise reproduced without the express written permission of Debbie Mumm®.