Haunted House Wallhanging
Finished Size 22” x 30”
Haunt your house this Halloween with a fast and fun wallhanging that features a printed panel for extra-quick sewing. Debbie Mumm 's Halloween fabrics can be found at Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft Stores.
Fabric Requirements and Cutting Instructions
Read all instructions before beginning and use 1/4”-wide seam allowance throughout. Read Cutting Strips and Pieces prior to cutting fabric.
Use one Haunted House panel for the center of this small wallhanging and several other Halloween fabrics as accents. Refer to Accurate Seam Allowance and whenever possible use the Assembly Line Method of sewing. Press seams in direction of arrows.
Assembling the Wallhanging
- Sew panel between two 1 1/4” x 17” Fabric B pieces as shown. Press.
- Sew unit from step 1 between two 1 1/4” x 17 1/2” Fabric B pieces as shown. Press.
- Sew six assorted 3 1/2” Fabric C squares together as shown. Press. Make three.
- Sew one unit from step 3 to top of unit from step 2. Press. Sew two units from step 3 together as shown. Sew to bottom of unit from step 4 as shown. Press.
Adding the Borders
Sew unit from step 5 between two 2” x 18 1/2” Outside Border pieces as shown. Press. Sew this unit between two 2” x 29 1/2” Outside Border pieces as shown. Press.
Layering and Finishing
- Refer to Layering the Quilt arrange and baste backing, batting, and top together. Hand or machine quilt as desired.
- Refer to Binding the Quilt and use 2 3/4”-wide Binding Strips to bind quilt to finish.
- To make tabs, with right sides together sew 1/4”-wide seam on long side of 3 1/2” x 42” Fabric D piece. Turn. Press with seam down center back. Cut tabs into 6” lengths. Fold tabs in half, raw edges even, space evenly along back and attach.
- Embellish tabs and motif as desired with buttons.
Website visitors have permission to print this project for personal use only. This project may not be copied or otherwise reproduced without the express written permission of Debbie Mumm®.