Morning Coffee Muffins
Moist, chewy, healthy, and delicious, these muffins are a Mumm team favorite. Team member Jackie adapted the Morning Glory Muffin recipe to create this healthier version of the well-known recipe.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 1/4 cups white sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup unsweetened flaked coconut
- 1 apple - peeled, cored and shredded
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease 12 muffin cups, or line with paper muffin liners.
- In a large bowl, mix together flours, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Stir in the carrot, raisins, dried cranberries, nuts, coconut, and apple.
- In a separate bowl, beat together eggs, oil, applesauce and vanilla. Stir egg mixture into the carrot/flour mixture, just until moistened. Scoop batter into prepared muffin cups.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of a muffin comes out clean.
Website visitors have permission to print this project for personal use only. This project may not be copied or otherwise reproduced without the express written permission of Debbie Mumm®.