Greet the little ghosts and goblins with a BOO-tiful banner to set the scene for a happy Halloween.
Fabric Requirements and Cutting Instructions
- Flags: Three 12” squares
- “BOO” Letters: assorted scraps
- Letter Backgrounds: assorted scraps
- Backing: 1/2 yard black felt
- Fusible Web: 1 yard
- Decorative Ribbon: 2 yards
Read all instructions before beginning.
Invite the gang in with this scary door swag. It requires little sewing and still sets the mood for the adventure inside.
- Referring to Quick-Fuse Applique, use these patterns to trace “BOO” letters, three letter backgrounds, and three flag shapes on paper side of fusible web. Referring to photo, apply fusible web to appropriate fabrics. Fuse flags to black felt backing, spacing 1” apart. Cut felt with pinking shear, allowing about ¼” of felt to show on sides of each flag.
- Refer to photo to position and fuse letter backgrounds and “BOO” letters on flag backgrounds.
- Top stitch close to flag background around all edges.
- Position letter flags under 1” wide decorative ribbon. Top stitch flags in place overlapping flag ends slightly and leaving ribbon at each end for attaching to wall or door.
Website visitors have permission to print this project for personal use only. This project may not be copied or otherwise reproduced without the express written permission of Debbie Mumm®.